In 2022 safeguarding training offered by the Synod is being refreshed and updated. Our goal is that safeguarding training will:
- equip you to create a church culture that is safer for all
- inform you about safeguarding issues relevant to your context
- alert you to statutory safeguarding requirements
- enable you to respond appropriately
This month, we want to promote the next Intermediate safeguarding training course. It will run in 3 modules on the following dates. Each module will be 90 minutes long, and will be delivered online. Sessions are designed to be relevant and interactive.
|Wednesday 9 February
|Wednesday 9 March
|Wednesday 6 April
Who should do the intermediate safeguarding training?
- ministers & lay preachers
- all people working directly with adults, children & young people
- church safeguarding coordinators
- church DBS verifiers
- church related community workers, worship leaders & pastoral visitors
How often should I do intermediate safeguarding training?
- Every three years
How do I sign up for the intermediate safeguarding training course?
In the March newsletter we will publish a training framework which maps out our safeguarding training offer.
Creating a church culture that is safer for all
Diana Taylor, Safeguarding Officer