Sunday 1 March is St David’s Day. How much do you know about our patron saint?
- David was born in Pembrokeshire around 520AD
- He founded a monastery near his birthplace, now known as St David’s – the smallest city in the UK
- Due to his modest monk’s diet of bread and water, he was called Dewi Dyfrwr (‘David the Waterdrinker’)
- David is reputed to have restored a blind man’s sight and brought a child back to life
- In Llanddewi Brefi, the ground is said to have risen up to form a mighty hill so that people could hear him speak
- In his last sermon, he said “Do the little things, the small things you’ve seen me doing”
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant! Happy St David’s Day!