St John’s Buckley URC gained a Children and Youth Friendly Church Scheme (CYFC) award for the work they do to support families.
The CYFC Scheme is an opportunity for churches to look afresh at their life with children, young people and families. The congregation was guided by Judy Harris, the synod’s Children and Youth Development Officer, through a reflective cycle that explores the church’s strengths, values, opportunities, hopes and dreams.
The Children and Youth Friendly Church award means that a local congregation:
- has a comprehensive and shared vision for Children’s and Youth Work
- provides good opportunities for the voices of children and young people to be heard
- takes seriously and responds to feedback from children and young people
- provides opportunities for children and young people to be involved in planning, organising and delivering child friendly church services
- makes suitable provision for under 5s in church
- provides groups and organisations to help nurture children and young people
- takes Safeguarding, Health & Safety and First Aid seriously